could get many others in this list, but not to repeat too much or for one reason or other I opted for what follows. It has been another year to continue reading a Roth account pending or Vila-Matas, remembering that was the year of publication of the last great novel of our friend Eloy M. Cebrián.
Sebald It has been my year to get fully in Sebald, which I wanted, and seize this chance to write the text released in the last Shangri-La . Then I explain further.
Jakob von Gunten
Walser I got through Vila-Matas and his Doctor Pasavento and can only
or say that was a huge success . This short novella is related directly to you Tribulations of Torless students, and complement each other perfectly. Its apparent simplicity and lower claims regarding the excellent novel by Musil can lead to deception submerged for years that this work be forgotten, however, the hidden nooks and evocations that are fascinating and opens the novel to many mental ramifications. The magic of what is not written. SUTTREE
year that I've finally read Cormac McCarthy, using the film boom, I did it first with his best known book, Blood Meridian, and the resurrection of Colonel Kurtz. Without denying the excellence of the novel, sometimes his aggressiveness (enhanced by the exquisite lyricism and raw descriptions) turned my stomach too. So I stay with Suttree equal to or greater than the previous literary and I believe, with more soul. The history of the American novel runs through his veins, and the main character is unforgettable and fascinating. There is no reason, as in McCarthy's novels, as in the wake of every day.
BACKGROUND NOISE
also commented at the time some of the apocalyptic novel by Don DeLillo eighties. A work that is still alive after reading it, able to create images that reappear in daily life.
DREAM Call
catalog Exquisite terrors children. So often hailed as the germ of the American Jewish novel, I was expecting something else, closer to Roth or Bellow, however, once banished prejudice, Henry Roth's novel proves to be capable of flying itself, from the darkness of a child engaged in misrepresenting the truth. Like all childhoods.
SENTIMENTAL EDUCATION
total work of Flaubert, recapitulation of his themes, obsessions, and as exquisite as ever. Had spent years trying to confirm that what Woody Allen said in Manhattan before the tape was true.
THE INVENTION DE MOREL
Its brevity does not prevent excellence. Bioy's novella is like the gateway to all the ambitions of a genre often dismissed as science fiction. Perfect for ourselves the reality of our own existence and, incidentally, somewhat less dramatic in our outlook. Especially recommended for physical and telcos, especially if someone wants to have ideas to win a Nobel. 2666
Another great novel, unapproachable, which has already said everything. It is a joy to boom Bolaño, but questions remain: what came first the myth or the novel?. The problem now is that force us to choose: Do detectives or this?
GEOMETRY OF LOVE / Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman
For stories I have to stay with the geometry of love, an anthology of John Cheever, adoptive parent (Chekhov always be there) for several generations of American storytellers, including my beloved Raymond Carver. But I can not forget Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, Murakami's stories in a year where I have the impression that there has been much more interesting and absorbing its After Dark. If sometimes I get the impression that novels Murakami are on the brink of the abyss, and may even fall for him, his stories seem beyond reproach, in a concise and serenity that reveal the most authentic of the author, much as he claimed his status primarily a novelist. A spiritual balm.
IN THE HEIGHTS
And as I leave the lyrical poetry to stay with another book very soon, but especially intense, which not only feels, but it is painful all the tearing of Thomas Bernhard. I do not remember anything of the plot, but the feeling is still there and more these days snow and ice.
And finally, I can not resist an epilogue with two more nominations. One of them referred to the world of blogs, the article furious Javier Marias that both stir has caused by Network. To me the only thing that makes me a little sorry for the misinformation from someone like Mary, and easy to generalize and cast judgments from certain positions of influence. That would make a funny story if it were not many people who never touched a computer and excuse and a reference point to rant against the new technologies. Anyway, I've always preferred the writer Maria Novella that sometimes seems possessed by the enraged spirit of Perez-Reverte. But that is another story about another day. And yet, the Kings have brought me this year his trilogy Your Face Tomorrow, which I have really wanted and that I be able to when the tail of outstanding books advance a few positions.
The other nomination is for the "book" that has closed a stage of my personal life, that "Implementation of a remote system interoperability testing based services smart cards in the DVB-MHP standard. "It's been a year but it seems like yesterday:)
The other nomination is for the "book" that has closed a stage of my personal life, that "Implementation of a remote system interoperability testing based services smart cards in the DVB-MHP standard. "It's been a year but it seems like yesterday:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment